Caseworker ( 2566 - Views )Posted by Mai Family Services
A reputable South Asian non-profit organization supporting individuals and families in abusive and crisis situations is seeking an individual who will provide assistance and counseling services in areas such as domestic violence, mental abuse, substance abuse, death/grief, senior issues and other crisis. The caseworker will assess the circumstance of the individual and help them make connections to available community resources in order to provide them with a support network.
Part-time. 20 hours/week
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide individualized support, referral and advocacy services by evaluating each client’s distinct needs.
· Develop reasonable self-sufficiency for clients and manage client expectations during their settlement period.
· Ensure clients are provided the tools they need to meet their established goals and objectives
· Assess and monitor client progress to ensure goals are attained, and designated resources are maximized.
· Document client records/data and information in the client reporting system and provide a bi-weekly report
· Ensure compliance with case file management and updating progress notes.
· Take calls and respond to them in a timely manner.
· Provides support and counseling to clients experiencing and/or anticipating issues to adjusting to illness, catastrophic diagnosis, changes in living situations and bereavement. Also provides intervention in cases involving abuse and neglect.
· Case worker determines the shelter options for the client. Also coordinates transportation, housing etc.
· Conduct client and family interviews, as well as engaging clients in developing personal safety plans and obtaining restraining orders.
· Participate in monthly staff meetings, and update the President about the client stats and case summaries.
· Conduct workshops and special training sessions at various universities, organizations (spiritual, social, cultural) and assist in special projects as requested. · Training at different organizations (spiritual, social, cultural)
· Initiate and develop strategies and programs that will promote confidence, awareness and knowledge in individuals and the community-at-large.
· Represent the organization in collaborative partnerships (grants, coalitions) and expand resource directory
Education and Qualifications:
* 2-3 years experience at a non-profit or other public service agency
* Familiarity with Domestic Violence issues, ability to work with a diverse South Asian population, being able to speak any South Asian language would be helpful.
* Fully licensed in Michigan
*Ability to contribute both independently and as a team member
* Self starter with problem solving skills, combined with ability to multitask, prioritize duties and manage time effectively
* Fluent in English and one or two South Asian languages and should be computer savvy in maintaining records and other documentation.
* Have Liability insurance
* Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with insurance and ability to travel for service provider visits or home visits.
Competitive with similar non-profits and commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org